One of the things I get asked a lot is about the birth control pill. In fact many women I find who are on it, are looking to find out how to get off it. So I thought I would tackle this subject in your Quickie of the week so here it is:
Getting off the birth control pill and nutrient deficiencies involved.
Here’s a recap of the video above:
- The birth control pill leaches a host of B-vitamins that are responsible for your mood and energy. In fact many women who are on the birth control pill have higher rates of depression because its ability to reduce mood-regulating vitamin B6
- It also leaches essential minerals like magnesium and zinc from the body
- It also disturbs our gut ecology so replenish your gut’s flora with a good quality probiotic like Natren Healthy Trinity and take one capsule with breakfast.
- For effective, yet more natural alternatives to the birth control, you can download The Red Tent Sister’s free guide now.
[Tweet “The birth control pill leaches a host of B-vitamins that are responsible for your mood and energy. “]
In the meantime, I’ve also included a delicious Zesty Sunflower Crusted Salmon Recipe. Sunflowers are rich in vitamin B6 and salmon is rich in anti-inflammatory omega 3 fats. So if you suffer from any gynecological issue like ovarian cysts, endometriosis, PCOS, fibroids or even just bad PMS, then this will be key.
Trust me when I say, you are going to LOVE this recipe!
This delicious recipe is rich in mood-regulating vitamin B6 and anti-inflammatory omega 3 fats. Perfect if you're looking to get off the pill or suffering from any inflammatory condition like PCOS, ovarian cysts, endometriosis and fibroids.
- 1 piece of salmon
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped unsalted sunflower seeds (I do this in my coffee grinder)
- Zest from one lemon
- Salt & Cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Begin by adding avocado oil on salmon and then spread dijon mustard on top.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and top over top of salmon gently padding it down.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20mins (I like mine well done, so I leave it in for the full 20).