Today I am going to fill you in on what you need to know about Candida, and especially the connection between Candida overgrowth and liver function! Join us as we talk about what causes Candida overgrowth, what the symptoms are, what you can do to get it back under control, and how important it is to support your liver function so that Candida and other toxins can be filtered out of your body.
Symptoms of Candida overgrowth
Does the back of your tongue have a thick coating on it? Do you deal with chronic vaginal infections or bad breath? These are just a few of the symptoms that can alert you to the overgrowth of candida in your system. On today’s episode, we’ll talk about these symptoms and more, so that you can identify whether or not Candida may be a problem for you. The good news is that you do not have to endure these symptoms forever! Listen in to check your symptoms and learn what you can do to detox your body from candida overgrowth so you can start feeling better.
Why proper liver function is key to controlling Candida overgrowth
The organ responsible for your body’s detoxification process is your liver. If it is not functioning properly, you cannot get rid of toxins, including Candida overgrowth. So when you want to detox candida, it is essential to be sure that your liver function is being supported. Candida overgrowth itself can impair methylation (one of the liver’s functions), so you definitely want to get this under control. Listen to today’s episode to find out ways that you can support your liver and stop candida overgrowth.
The crazy cycle of Candida overgrowth and estrogen dominance
Excess estrogen can actually support the unregulated growth of Candida. And Candida overgrowth encourages estrogen dominance. To break out of this crazy cycle, it is essential to support your liver in its role of conjugating the excess estrogens and detoxing the excess candida. If you struggle with estrogen-related symptoms such as PCOS, fibroids, PMS, and more, you want to listen to this episode and find out how to stop the crazy cycle of estrogen and Candida feeding off each other.
Foods and supplements that help with controlling Candida overgrowth
While an annual detox is a good idea for controlling Candida overgrowth, it is also important to keep Candida under control and to support your liver function through eating the right foods and taking good supplements. On this episode, I’ll talk about why hydration is crucial, foods to eat and avoid, and high-quality supplements that can make a big difference. Listen in to find out what you can do on a daily basis to help support your liver and control Candida overgrowth.
Outline of This Episode
- [2:33] Intro to this episode: What you actually need to know about candida.
- [4:26] What is Candida, and what are some of the symptoms?
- [11:57] Why proper liver function is key in this whole game.
- [14:02] The MTHFR gene mutation.
- [16:55] Why you want to detox in the springtime and take methylated B-Vitamins.
- [19:46] The crazy cycle of candida overgrowth and estrogen dominance.
- [23:40] What kind of tests can you do for Candida?
- [27:47] Supplements that can help with detox and keeping Candida under control.
- [31:20] High-quality probiotics are essential to controlling Candida and supporting the liver.
- [32:25] Liver and thyroid are closely interlinked.
- [33:34] Are you eating too many carbs?
- [36:52] More on liver and thyroid.
- [37:40] How to eat to keep your blood sugar properly balanced.
- [38:20] Q & A: Mold in the home.
- [38:35] Q & A: Coffee can deplete magnesium.
- [39:30] Q & A: Will a Candida detox help endometriosis and other estrogen-related conditions?
- [43:30] Q & A: Will a liver detox help with parasites?
- [44:05] Q & A: How do we know that we detox enough and how long is too long?
- [46:46] Q & A: Is there a correlation between tinea versicolor and candida?
- [48:12] Q & A: Does candida present as red rashes around the mouth or nose?
- [51:05] More on the relationship between the liver and estrogen conditions.
Resources & People Mentioned
The Dutch Test