Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) is a collection of severe PMS symptoms. But why did this collection of symptoms need to be named? Have we been sold on it by pharmaceutical marketers? In this episode, I address these questions and talk about the root causes of the distressing symptoms of PMDD. Of course, like always, I also tell you what you can do about it! Listen in to learn all about the history of PMDD and how you can empower yourself and begin natural forms of treatment today.
A brief history of marketing to women based on “hysteria”
Starting almost 4000 years ago, “hysteria” was a medical diagnosis that covered about everything that could go wrong with a woman’s health, and was dealt with in a variety of ways, including burning at the stake because of an assumption that it was caused by demons! On today’s episode, I’ll introduce you to the long history of hysteria and explain the approach that is being taken to similar symptoms in modern times. Listen in to gain an understanding of how society has responded to symptoms of PMDD, and to learn what you can do to treat those symptoms effectively.
What are the origins of PMDD?
PMDD. I hate to tell you, but it’s a made-up medical term you’ve been sold by pharmacies. This does not at all diminish or devalue the pain and distress that these symptoms cause. Listen to this episode to learn when and why PMDD was named as a condition and to get some information about the drug that is being marketed to treat it. Keep listening to learn about what actually causes these symptoms and what you can do to get help.
What are the root causes of PMDD?
Wouldn’t you rather address the root causes of your PMDD symptoms instead of just taking a drug that may or may not take care of the symptoms? On this episode, I’ll detail the causes and explain how they all work together to create the troubling symptoms that have been labeled as PMDD. You may be surprised at some of the things that cause your hormones to get out of balance. Listen in and find out what actually causes your symptoms and what you can do about it!
How to empower yourself and begin natural treatment of PMDD
One empowered woman can make a difference in so many other lives. Stop giving your power away. None of the nutrition stuff will work when you are so stressed. Listen in and learn how to start thinking about the boundaries that you need to establish so you can be empowered and be free to start making the changes that are needed for natural treatment of PMDD. On this podcast, you’ll get the encouragement you need to start moving forward.
Outline of This Episode
- [1:22] A brief history of marketing to women based on hysteria.
- [8:19] Hysterics used to be burned at the stake, now we’re just medicated.
- [10:26] Why the solution that is marketed for PMDD is great for revenue and bad for women.
- [15:31] Why is this happening? What actually causes PMDD?
- [25:31] What role does poor liver clearance play in PMDD symptoms?
- [30:34] Take radical responsibility for your health. Don’t just expect to go to someone and say “fix me.”
- [31:00] Q&A – Tips for staying on track with healthy eating.
- [33:09] What role does poor gut health play in PMDD symptoms?
- [38:06] How do you empower yourself to get started?
- [40:41] How a bitters tincture can help.
- [41:38] There is no magic bullet. You have to change your diet.
- [44:03] How to know if your body has enough zinc.
- [48:42] Empower yourself by establishing boundaries.