Picture this: you’re in the bathroom, minding your own business, blow drying your hair rapping to some old school hip hop (okay well maybe that’s just me) when suddenly your partner knocks on the door suddenly and your heart almost explodes out of your chest.
Jumpy? Maybe it’s just me.
Or what about the time when dishes are being put away and for some reason it sounds ten times louder than it ever has piercing your ears?
Sensitive to noise? Maybe it’s just me.
Or you walk into a room with a purpose and suddenly forget why you walked in and what you were looking for.
Bad memory? Maybe it’s just me.
Okay well…was me.
If you agree with any of these, you may just have fried nerves. So today I’ll be talking to you about:
Sunflower lecithin and why I love it.
Listen I get there’s soy lecithin out on the market but it’s not exactly the best choice because it’s actually a waste by-product left over from producing soy oil. Plus it’s a big no no if you have estrogen-related conditions like PCOS, endometriosis, fibriods or ovarian cysts. You’ll generally see lecithin found on labels because it helps to emulsify fat, problem is the lecithin in processed foods is the poor quality one found in soy.
Sunflower lecithin (not lethicin) is a much better option and contains 25% more choline in it than soy. And choline is the golden child that helps with cognitive function. Now yes, you can take it in gel caps, but the reason why I dig the powder is because you can dose higher without having to swallow a boat load of horse pills.
Here’s a run down of why you too should be adding in lecithin to your world:
- Improves cognitive function (so think memory and concentration)
- It’s amazing for those suffering with Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Helps to coat nerves so that you’re not as jumpy or sensitive to noise or sound
- Aids in fat metabolism – this is good news if you’ve had your gallbladder removed or if you’ve got those little red bumps on the backs of your arms.
- This is also good news for those of you who are struggling with pellet poop because your body just can’t seem to metabolize fat properly making your poops hard and dry
- Fat metabolism is also great news for balancing your hormones since you need fat to produce them to begin with!
- It’s an amazing stress aid since the nervous system is often affected as a result
Check out my video above on how I use it!