Do you have digestive issues?
So many of us struggle with a compromised digestive system, and I’m excited today to give you lots of ideas that can help. We’ll talk about lots of things today, from foods that are inflammatory and cause fatty liver disease, to how much coffee is ok to drink and one surprise food that does not cause inflammation and can help your digestion. I’ll also answer listeners questions, including “What if I don’t have a gallbladder?” Listen in for lots of great tips for your digestive system!
What causes acid reflux, and what you can do about it
Is acid reflux caused by too much stomach acid, or too little? What does age have to do with it? How does acid affect your hormone absorption?
In this episode, I’ll answer these questions as I talk about acid reflux. And the most important thing to know is what you can do about it! So I’ll be giving you some great suggestions for getting your acid reflux under control and helping to heal your digestive system.
What do those annoying little bumps on your arms have to do with your digestive system?
Do you get frustrated by those annoying little bumps (otherwise known as Keratosis Pilaris) on the back of your arms?
Believe it or not, they are related to your digestive system! In this episode, I’ll tell you about how your inability to absorb certain vitamins actually causes those little bumps. And of course, I’ll tell you what you can do to help your digestive system to function more effectively. You need to listen to this episode if you want to get rid of those annoying bumps!
How a bitters tincture improves every aspect of your digestion
Do you have digestive problems? Acid reflux, constipation, non-alcoholic fatty liver? If you are trying to figure out how to get some relief, you’ve come to the right place.
In this episode, I’ll tell you about a bitters tincture and how it helps your digestion. I’ll even talk about specific herbs it contains and how they affect the problems you have when your digestive system isn’t working properly. Listen in to get this great information and also hear about a fun contest that will give you a chance to win a $500 digestive healing pack!
What vitamins and minerals should I take to help my digestive system?
When you have problems with your digestive system, you are often low on certain vitamins and minerals as well. But just running to the store to grab the ones you need is not always the best answer. Listen to this episode to find out what vitamins and minerals may help you, how to find out what you actually need, and how to improve your digestive system so that the vitamins and minerals you get can be absorbed.
Outline of This Episode
- [2:24] Intro to this episode on digestive issues
- [4:03] What causes acid reflux?
- [7:14] What can you do when you have acid reflux?
- [10:37] Those annoying bumps on the back of your arms.
- [15:08] Why you should give your body a break from coffee.
- [16:20] Skill testing question.
- [17:49] How and why to eat papaya seeds.
- [19:58] The connection between a compromised digestive system and low vitamin levels.
- [20:42] What to do about a fatty liver.
- [23:01] Which form of magnesium will work best for you?
- [23:57] How do I know if I need zinc?
- [27:04] More on what to do about a fatty liver
- [27:38] Contest details for winning a $500 digestive healing prize pack.
- [28:58] What if I don’t have a gallbladder?
- [31:35] What you should know about ice water.
- [32:23] Should I eat foods raw or cooked?
- [32:47] Suggestions for dealing with GERD.
- [34:02] The herbs included in a great bitters tincture.
- [36:23] What if you are allergic to chamomile?
- [36:49] What if your bloodwork comes back normal but your naturopath still thinks you need hormonal replacement?
- [38:12] Contest for $500 gift pack.. Go to the link. Bitters face.
Resources & People Mentioned
- Well.ca – 10% off Canadian Bitters digestive bitters
- St. Francis Herb Farm