If you’re anything like me, you’ve wrestled (or maybe are wrestling) with anxiety.
Maybe you wake up with a low vibrational frequency that sticks with you through the day, or overanalyze everything before you go to bed while being gripped with fear. Or maybe your anxiety is just when you’re out in social situations and you need a bit of ‘liquid courage’ to get you through it.
While anxiety can be an incredibly isolating issue, I want to let you know you’re not alone. And it’s the reason why I wanted to dedicate this week’s video to:
Natural Anxiety Remedies for the Different Faces of Anxiety.
Because woman, I’ve been there.
Now before we go through the natural treatment for anxiety, let’s talk first about the causes of anxiety.
- Being Alpha Stupid: I know this sounds harsh, but if you consider yourself alpha and you’re not taking care of yourself because you’re spending far too many late nights, you’ve got zero boundaries with people, and just can’t say “no”, then you’re being alpha stupid. By not making the appropriate lifestyle changes, you run the risk of burning out your adrenals which will increase your anxiety. So if you’re someone who is chronically stressed and suspects you may have adrenal fatigue, make sure to download my FREE Adrenal 411 Guide now.
- Dehydration: Sounds pretty basic right? But most people I speak to are dehydrated because they’re not drinking half their body weight in ounces per day. You also have to consider what dehydrates you: coffee, various sodas and alcohol. So drink up!
- Eating a processed diet: If you’re eating nutrient-deficient foods, you can’t expect to thrive. Even over-consuming excess starchy carbohydrates in the form of bread, pasta, cereal and rice are also going to have an impact because complex carbs breaks down into glucose (i.e. sugar). And for every molecule of sugar you consume, it requires the body 54 molecules of magnesium (your muscle-relaxing, stress-busting mineral) JUST to process it!
- Estrogen-dominance: Often times when I hear women are struggling with anxiety, one of the things I want to check is what their estrogens look like. It’s why in Sexy Lady Balls, my hormone membership program, we offer hormone testing as an upgrade. You have more than one estrogen (some are even protective!), and we need to assess where they’re all at to understand how to address it. Once we do, you may find some relief with your anxiety.
- Mineral Imbalance & Heavy Metal Toxicity: This is a huge one and one that my online clinic in Sexy Lady Balls is really focusing on. When women upgrade to receive Hair Trace Mineral Analysis (HTMA), we’re able to see where their minerals are at and if there’s some underlying heavy metal toxicity which can really wreak havoc on us neurologically. I have personally done an HTMA test and found it to be incredibly helpful for not only my anxiety, but my energy levels as well. (Woo hoo!)
- Gut dysbiosis: Essentially this means you’ve got more bad bacteria at the bacterial party in your gut than good. Your gut is connected to your brain via the 10th cranial nerve called the, “vagus nerve” and if there is gut dysbiosis then you will be more predisposed to neurological issues like anxiety and depression.
Okay so what natural anxiety remedies are there available to you?
- Sensitol and Magnesium: You’ll want to make sure that you get yourself one of my favourite supplements called Sensitol. It’s a blend of chiro and myo-inositol, and it’s really helpful at calming the nervous system. Start with one capsule with food daily, and increase to a total of two daily.
The next thing is I want you to begin taking half your body weight in magnesium, and the magnesium I like to use in high doses is Magnesium Glycinate Chelate. You can get both of these supplements here if you’re Canadian and here if you’re American.
- Probiotics: As mentioned above, gut dysbiosis is a huge factor behind anxiety, so make sure you get yourself on a probiotic like Just Thrive of HMF Intensive and take it daily. I often find that probiotics are even more important to take daily since they help us assimilate nutrients from food.
- Potassium (from food!): This is where you can save some money because frankly, potassium is best absorbed through food and not supplements. We don’t often hear about potassium but it’s SO needed for your adrenals, so make sure to load up on avocados or coconut water which are high sources of potassium.
- Create boundaries + learn to say “no”: Every time I tell this to women, they respond with, “But it’s so harrrrrrrd!” Woman, if you say it’s hard, then it will be, so let’s switch that mindset to be more proactive rather than a victim. Look at where you are allowing the resentments you currently have, and then set up boundaries and start practicing one of the most important two letter words you will ever utter and that is “no.”
- SLEEP! You know what the most wonderful thing is about sleep? It’s free! Yet it is by far the most neglected part of healing I see in practice. Women are staying up often times because it’s their only “me” time. So if that’s you, then delegate (see number 4 for more) and then create your “me” time that doesn’t include the TV. You’d be surprised at how relaxing a comfortable bedroom environment with a good book or journalling can be! And if you’re still struggling with a racing mind then try the supplement Catecholacalm, which is in my supplement shop page: Canadians go here and Americans go here.
Alright you! That’s it! If you loved this video, then do me a favour, share it on Facebook and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don’t miss a thing!