Today I want to talk with you about PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and why natural treatment for PCOS is so important.
This topic is meaningful to me because I was diagnosed with PCOS in my late 20’s. We’ll talk about the various forms of PCOS, common deficiencies that PCOS sufferers have, and about the foods and key supplements that can help you. I love answering questions that come in from my listeners to the live stream, so be sure you listen to the whole episode to get all the details on each topic!
What is PCOS?
PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. What you might not be aware of is that there is more than one form of PCOS. In this episode, I’ll describe the different forms. We’ll also discuss who is the most susceptible to PCOS and various health conditions that have a correlation with PCOS. Natural treatment for PCOS can make a huge difference. Listen in to find out the conditions that contribute to PCOS and what you can do about it.
Common deficiencies of a PCOS sufferer
Do you suffer from PCOS? There is a good chance, then, that you also have certain deficiencies. In this episode, I’ll list the vitamin and mineral deficiencies that are common to many people with PCOS, and how supplementation can make a difference. There are also hormonal issues that relate to PCOS. Listen in to find out what nutrients your body might need, how you can begin to get your hormones in balance, and how to get started with natural treatment for PCOS.
Foods to ditch and foods to fall in love with if you have PCOS
The foods you eat play a major role in your health, not just for nutrition, but also for digestion and hormonal balance. In this episode, I’ll let you know what foods to ditch and what foods to fall in love with when you are dealing with PCOS. Even small changes in your diet can make a difference. Listen in and be empowered to make the choices that will help your body fight PCOS.
A few key supplements that can help when you are suffering with PCOS
There are a number of vitamins and minerals that play a key role in hormone balance and PCOS. Stress, especially chronic stress, also affects your hormones. Deficiencies in vitamins and minerals, and hormone changes from stress, can also be contributing factors to issues like depression and anxiety. In this episode, I’ll explain which supplements can help you to get your body back in balance, relieve some of your stress, and provide a natural treatment for PCOS that can work in 3-6 months.
Outline of This Episode
- [3:05] My story – diagnosed with PCOS in my late twenties.
- [4:29] Intro to this episode and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- [6:47] What is PCOS?
- [10:34] How high stress affects your hormones.
- [12:30] High DHEA and cortisol can contribute to depression and anxiety.
- [13:33] What is hirsutism and how does it relate to PCOS?
- [14:04] Common deficiencies with PCOS.
- [17:40] Benefits of magnesium.
- [19:34] How zinc and magnesium relate to pregnancy health.
- [21:53] The best type of magnesium to use.
- [22:22] Having multiple hormonal conditions at the same time.
- [22:48] Is there a cure for PCOS? Yes. 3-6 months.
- [23:43] Foods to ditch and foods to fall in love with.
- [26:36] PCOS requires a holistic approach, including mindset.
- [27:42] Supplements that help.
- [30:20] The correlation between PCOS and libido.
- [30:54] Pregnant women with PCOS.
- [32:23] Benefits of Vitamin B-9.
- [34:24] Essential oil that can help with hormones.
- [34:40] Does anorexia/bulimia have a possible correlation with PCOS?
- [37:43] Do you have the MTHF gene mutation?
Resources & People Mentioned
- Zinc tally kit
- Download my FREE PCOS guide
- Sexy Lady Balls
- 23 and me.com for MTHF gene testing