This time of year is one that I thrive in. Cool air, sweaters, boots and the harvest of fruits apples and pumpkins. Yes, I’m one of those crazy people who love pumpkin in just about everything and I’ll admit for a while there I used to get those whipped concoctions at Starbucks…until I realized it was full of crap. So if you’re chugging back those creamy lattes, know that they’re hormonal disruptors plus they’re a cup of inflammation! This is bad news if you’re suffering from PCOS, endometriosis, ovarian cysts or fibroids.
So today I figure I’d give you my:
Hormone-Balancing Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe that you are going to love.
But first here is a recap on what you can expect in this week’s video:
- Lattes are filled with dairy and sugar which is a fast-track way for fat storage, especially around the abdomen. This is a sign of insulin (our fat storage hormone) and excess cortisol (our stress hormone, which makes sense when you factor that foods do contribute to our levels of stress in the body).
- These lattes can also store fat around the hips, thighs and bum that’s indicative of estrogen dominance. Remember that sugar will disrupt your hormones increasing insulin and thus increasing estrogen levels in the body
- Conventional Pumpkin Spice Lattes contain actually no real pumpkin!
- After consuming a grande pumpkin spiced latte your metabolism slows down and your appetite goes up causing you to consume extra calories
- A Grande Pumpkin-Spiced Latte at Starbucks contains 50g of sugar! And remember for every molecule of sugar you consume, it requires the body 54 molecules of magnesium just to process it. This can lead to magnesium deficiency which includes symptoms of:
- Twitchy eye and restless legs
- Muscle cramps
So if this is enough for you to ditch those sugary concoctions for good, then bravo my fine friend! But in the meantime, I don’t want to keep you hanging, so here’s a great alternative that will also help to balance your hormones.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp organic pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Stevia to sweeten
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Add everything into a small pot, heat, then blend on high speed and enjoy.
If you loved this video, then make sure to sign up to receive my Five Must-Have Tools to Balancing Your Hormones Naturally by clicking below.