I’m not going to lie, when I first say this vegetable I was slightly confused. Because despite it being called a cauliflower, it’s actually a cross between a broccoli and a cauliflower. And believe it or not, it’s also an edible flower! #HeartFlutter! The second I tried it, I absolutely loved it and so naturally I wanted to create a video all about it. So in this week’s video, I’ll be talking to you about:
Romanesco cauliflower for hormone balancing
…and of course give you a recipe for it, because that’s just how I roll homie!
But first let’s breakdown why this vegetable mutt is so damn good for you:
- High in fibre helping to keep you manage your blood sugar and keep you full. Fibre also helps to form great poops so that you can sweep out toxins and excess hormones from the system
- It has high levels of carotenoids which help promote glowing skin, and iron, vitamin C and folate which combat anaemia and are beneficial for healthy reproductive systems.
- It contains glucosinolates and thiocyanates (including sulforaphane and isothiocyanate), which help to increase the liver’s ability to neutralise potentially toxic substances that could lead to cancer if left unattended.
- The presence of enzymes like glutathione transferase, glucuronosyl transferase and quinone reductase also help in the detoxifying process.
- It’s rich in indole-3-carbinol, which helps to remove foreign estrogens, also known as xenoestrogens from the body. This is particularly useful for those with estrogen-related conditions like endometriosis, fibroids and some cases of PCOS.
[Tweet “Romanesco is rich in indole-3-carbinol, which helps to remove foreign estrogens from the body.”]
Looking to get more tools to feel sexy from the inside out with your hormones and digestion? Click the link below and get my tools and techniques now.