Oooof…this post just might ruffle some feathers. Why: because I’m about to tell you that what you thought about PCOS could be all wrong. I have seen women come into my hormone membership program Sexy Lady Balls and say, “My doc told me I have PCOS after he saw an ultrasound.” Problem is, that’s enough to diagnosis it. So today I wanted to breakdown to you the different types of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) because I’m sure some of you might be wondering:
What is PCOS anyway?
Truthfully this condition isn’t as cut and dry as we’ve once been led to believe and in this week’s video I’ll be describing the five different types plus give you the opportunity to download my FREE PCOS Guide. However truthfully, I’ve seen variety stretching beyond these because quite often for example, I see the thyroid highly implicated within the condition (especially with Hashimotos where a leaky gut is often the cause).
[Tweet “PCOS and Hashimotos is commonly linked and often associated with a leaky gut.”]
Now beyond these different types, I wanted to leave you guys with some tools (cus heck, that’s just how I roll). You’ll learn about some nutrition recommendations (the do’s and dont’s) and you’ll receive a recipe for my Super Power Shot.
Seriously Melissa? You want me to take a shot? Girl I like how you operate!
You see after checking out Dani Andrew’s shot recipe, I got inspired (check her out because she’s got some fantastic content). What I realized is that this shot has the following benefits for those not only with PCOS but with hormonal issues period:
- Gut healing properties
- I see leaky gut in so many of my patients, especially those with Hashimotos where leaky gut has launched our immune system to attack the thyroid gland
- Healing the gut is crucial if you’re looking to ensure that nutrients are getting absorbed for optimal health and to especially balance your hormones
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Struggle with PCOS, fibroids, endo, ovarian cysts? This will be right up your alley because turmeric and ginger that I’ve added to this recipe will help to reduce inflammation
- Liver Support
- This is crucial for those with hormonal issues due to the unpasteurized apple cider vinegar and lemon. Detoxing and supporting the liver will allow the liver to push bile out enabling our bodies to move toxins and hormones into our poop as it’s supposed to (this function is impaired in fatty livers which 90% Americans have).
But wait, are you wondering:
“Can I take this shot Melissa?”
Absofreakinglutely. Truthfully everyone can use a little bit of the goodness this shot has to offer and here’s how to make it.
- 1.5 cups of water
- 7 tbsp unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- Juice from one whole lemon
- 5 tbsp cold-soluble grass-fed gelatin
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 oz of juiced ginger
- Cracked black pepper
- Add all ingredients into a mason jar, tighten lid, shake and have one ounce per day.