Did you know that spring is the perfect season for doing a liver detox? Do you understand the connection between a detox and your hormones? On this episode, we’ll be talking all about detoxing – what it means from a Chinese medical perspective, foods and supplements that help with detoxing, and the importance of detoxing for hormonal health. We’ll also talk about what contributes to toxicity in your body, a gene mutation that can get in the way of detox, and answers to listener’s questions that came in during the livestream. Join us and learn what you need to know about liver detox!
What factors contribute to toxicity in our bodies?
There are many things that contribute to toxicity in our bodies. From alcohol and cigarettes to antibiotics and stress, we’ll talk on this episode about all the different factors that lead to toxicity and create health issues. Listen in and learn about foods and behaviors to avoid, symptoms that let you know that your body is dealing with toxins, and when and how you should do a liver detox.
The gene mutation that prevents your liver from doing stage one detox
There are two normal phases of detox that take place in your liver. But many people have an MTHFR gene mutation that prevents your liver from properly completing phase one. On this episode, I’ll explain symptoms that may indicate a problem with stage one detox, how you can get tested to see if you have that mutation, and what you can do about it. Listen in to learn what you need to know about liver detox and then join us for the spring detox challenge!
Why a liver detox is important for your hormonal health
One of the substances that your liver filters out of your body is excess hormones. When your liver is not properly completing the phases of detox, estrogen metabolites can build up in your system and become harmful. On this episode we’ll explore this process and talk about how doing a liver detox can help eliminate the harmful metabolites. If you want to improve your hormonal health and get rid of toxins in your body, this episode is for you!
Foods and supplements that help with liver detox
Which foods can help your body to detox? Which foods get in the way? Are there specific supplements that can assist the detox process? I’ll answer these questions and more on today’s episode. You’ll learn how to avoid having toxins reabsorbed into your bloodstream after being excreted by the liver. Join us and discover how and when to do a liver detox and the most important substance your body needs to flush out the toxins!
Outline of This Episode
- [3:10] Intro to this episode – How do I detox, and is this really the right thing for me?
- [5:08] Why you should do a liver detox in the spring?
- [7:46] The two phases of detox that occur naturally in your body.
- [9:04] What factors contribute to toxicity in our bodies?
- [12:14] The gene mutation that prevents your liver from doing stage one detox.
- [14:45] What if you don’t have a gallbladder?
- [15:58] Symptoms of toxicity.
- [16:56] Nutrients that help when your body can’t do stage one detox.
- [17:40] Why you should avoid bitters that contain Senna.
- [18:53] Why does liver detox matter from a hormonal perspective?
- [22:57] When should I detox?
- [26:15] Info about 5-day detox challenge.
- [27:26] Foods and supplements that help with liver detox.
- [33:45] A few more words about estrogen levels.
- [35:49] Why water is crucial for detoxing.
- [37:51] The relationship between stress levels and toxicity.
- [40:01] Recurring fissures. Overconsuming grains, getting healthy fat, add fish oil.
- [42:17] Re-cap & Skill-testing questions.