My guest today is Samantha Chin, owner of The Rock Store in Toronto, Ontario. She is an expert in the area of crystals and stones. On today’s episode, she will be talking about both the science and spiritual aspects of stones and crystals and how you can use them for different purposes in your life.
An introduction to the science aspect of working with crystals and stones
While there is no scientific information on why some things with stones and crystals work, there is science behind the basic process. According to today’s guest Samantha Chin, because crystals and stones contain some of the same chemical elements as human bodies, there is a communication process that takes place when these crystals and stones come within a person’s electromagnetic field (aura). On this episode, Samantha describes this connection and how the communication takes place.
Do specific crystals and stones resonate differently with different people?
Not every stone will have the same effect on every person. On today’s episode, Samantha Chin explains that this is because the process is complicated and it is a very personal practice. She goes on to describe the various factors that affect how each person will respond to a particular crystal or stone. Listen in to learn about the interaction between your aura (magnetic field) and the rocks and minerals of the earth.
When and how do you cleanse or charge your crystals and stones?
According to today’s guest Samantha Chin, crystals and stones can shift away from their base resonance field if they are around something toxic, and they need to be cleansed so they can move back to that base. On this episode, Samantha describes the different methods for cleansing a crystal or stone, as well as some methods that may be detrimental. If you want to learn how to care for your crystals and stones, listen to today’s interview.
Samantha Chin’s favorite crystal and stone “recipes”
Combinations of stones or crystals can have different effects than individual rocks. On today’s episode, Samantha Chin shares a number of her favorite recipes that may affect different areas of a person’s life. If you are wondering how to combine your crystals to help you achieve your goals, Samantha’s recipes could be a great resource for you.
Outline of This Episode
- [0:00] Intro to Samantha Chin, owner of The Rock Store in Toronto, Ontario.
- [1:54] What is the difference between stones and crystals?
- [2:58] The science aspect of stones and crystals.
- [6:34] Do specific stones resonate differently with different people?
- [11:06] When and how do you cleanse or charge your crystals and stones?
- [15:18] The traditional process of using sage or mugwort for cleansing (avoid during pregnancy).
- [17:43] How to use crystals and stones for hormone balancing.
- //[20:19] How to get started working with crystals and stones.
- [24:04] How the field of communication works between stones and the human body.
- [26:06] How do you meditate with stones and crystals?
- [26:49] Why you should not use sunlight for cleansing crystals and stones.
- [28:06] Some stones can be cleansed with water; others need to be kept from water.
- [31:16] How do you know when you need to cleanse your stones?
- [33:06] What about holding a bunch of stones in a pouch?
- [34:17]How do crystal grids work?
- [39:09] When you purchase crystals and stones, is there something you should look for in terms of quality?
- [40:49] What it means if your stone cracks or breaks into pieces.
- [42:52] What if I am allergic to sulfur?
- [43:47] Recipe for attracting a partner.
- [46:29] Recipe for money or wealth.
- [47:54] Recipe for protection.
- [49:36] Recipe for health.
- [50:24] Samantha’s discount offer – 20% off for US and Canada from July 13-22, 2017.
- [52:02] Is there a difference between white sage and culinary sage?
- [52:57] How should you store your stones?
- [53:58] Can you use stones to facilitate a bond with the other side?
- [55:32] Description of The Rock Store and what they offer.
Resources & People Mentioned
- The Rock Store, Toronto
- Use this link for 20% off at The Rock Store July 13-22, 2017